Tuesday, October 15, 2013


Journey to Rio
Paralympics
10-16-13

Wow how time is flying.. Wednesday's training was so fun and challenging!  It was my first full day of riding knowing that Ari is my responsibility as his owner.  I used all my new tack to groom him.  It felt so good to just know that I am becoming more independent on my responsibility with him.  A couple of challenges I am working through on tacking Ari.  The putting on and taking off his bridle and cleaning his back hoofs.  Marlo has been awesome in helping with these two challenges.  Putting on Ari's bridle is a challenge for me because of all the steps that occurs in quick session.  I know that repetition and hands on help will be the key in to master this challenge.  I am not sure how yet to master the hoof cleaning on Ari's hind hoofs.  What happens is that I completely get out of breathe and get dizzy.. Weird sensation.. I am not sure why.. His front legs I am good with, it may take a couple pauses to gather strength to complete but it gets done.  He is happy to see me and wants to work.  I like that and I want to work too.  

I watch Marlo warm him up on a lunge line. I got on after and did my exercises while walk with Ari except for the leg stretch to position my V.  Marlo taught trained me on my squares with Ari.  Making sure I didn't move his neck just his body when making a square, its to engage my lower body to move him not using my reins.  I also worked on posting trot to halt. Worked on my posting diagonals, understanding what sides to post on and when to transition onto the other wall.  I am working on feeling this motion so that I do not look.  I get a little off balanced when I look down to see if I am posting correctly or looking at his shoulder to match my down beat.  I am continuing to make this stick so it comes natural.  I love the feel of things that are natural.  I thought a lot about my soccer days again after my ride.  How it came natural as I practiced and had fun with it.  


I need to figure out how to post pictures and videos. Any sugguestions? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment