Tuesday, October 1, 2013


Journey to Rio
Paralympics

We had fun on Friday a lot of new things learned and experienced.  I came in early to see if Marlo was teaching another student.  The student wash't there so I learn about more things that Ari needs. He needs a therapy blanket (this one helps his muscle to be stimulated, to keep him warm, loose and a regular blanket warmth in the winter. Grooming and putting a saddle on him was better, working on the bridle part. There was a lot of energy in the barn.  The change of weather had an effect on the horse and there moods.  It was stormy (snow). Sounds do catch my attention and distract me only to a point.  Its the loud ones that I tense on.  Although it was exciting to me that I had remembered what I use to do when I was playing soccer or jumping, it was silent or on muted sound.  No, distractions and my performance was great!  I experience the same thing on Ari.  With the exception of Marlo's voice I could hear.  (earbuds)  

Since my brain surgeries my hearing has enhanced sound esp. loud sounds.  I am still trying to work through the sound of drilling in my head.  That's what loud sound feels like to me.   However, when focus intently on something like learning on Ari I am happy that this effect doesn't happen.  Marlo had me take my hands and touch each fingers as I breathe to settle the effect.  Which in this case was one of the horses, what seemed to me having a temper tantrum and was kicking his stall along with being angry with his voice.  Ringing in my ears is distracting too. That has gone on a lot this last week.  My rib cage is improving in its healing. Yeah!! 

I was offered to go to a clinic for Ari and I this weekend on Saturday and Sunday by Diane.  Although, it would have been a good one.  I had too much going on, family was in town, I needed to rest, and money was a factor.  I explained to Marlo that asking in advance would have a better results.  I also expressed that I not show or ride on Sundays. It is a decision I have made.  Marlo and I talked since I haven't bought Ari we would wait and I am grateful. :-)  We talked about the right saddle and bridle for me.  I will go to horse crazy to purchase all tac.  I went to REI on Saturday and got my jacket!  Oh wow its sweet!!  I am excited to have Marlo put her logo on it.  It is so warm and movable!  With all the new things that I am purchasing, Marlo is teaching me how to care for all these things.  It is work and I don't mind it, some of it is relaxing.  

Marlo warmed Ari up, I was trying to focus on how she balances through her thighs and position movements.  I was somewhat distracted due to the other horse and other riders. It was good for me to continue to refocus on the task at hand (which is visual learning)
I got on after and went through my exercises and started to walk/ trot on lead.  I hope I can explain this hand position.  Taking the reins with closed hands, thumb slightly bend forward like I was resisting a plank, elbows bent to my side, wrist supple. I was able to post trot too. I continue to work on my transitions.  I enjoyed riding.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment